Kali Linux is a cyber security tool used by ethical hackers. The software is an open source project and is designed for desktop, but can be used in a laptop easily if you have a best laptop for kali Linux. The software has to be downloaded free of cost. The system requirements are high.
The operating system should be the latest version of Linux or Ubuntu. If the laptop has Windows 10, then it must be on top of Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). It will run in Win 7.1 or 8, but the performance will not be so great.
The software needs a large amount of disk space. The latest version 2020.2 requires minimum 20 GB hard disk for installation and 50 to 60 GB to perform properly. The space is required for fast operation. If the laptop has lower space, the software will still run, but at a slow pace.
On the processor front, intel i3 is fine but i7 or i9 will give better output. The need for Ram is also high at 2 GB at the minimum and 3 to 4 GB gives better performance. Kali Linux uses both 32-bit and 64-bit images for use on hosts based on the x86 instruction set.
The presence of a bootable DVD drive is a must, a feature that is normally present in any laptop these days.
Kali Linux supports a wide range of wireless devices, allowing the user to test the security systems through the laptop. So the laptop must have the hardware to support wireless.
Similarly, the laptop must have USB, another common feature of modern day laptops. The laptop should be light, so that it can be carried in back-packs easily.
Some of the Best Laptops For Kali Linux are as follows :
|1||Dell G5 15||3/5|| View on Amazon|
|2||Apple MacBook Pro||3/5|| View on Amazon|
|3||Dell Inspiron 15 7000||3/5|| View on Amazon|
|4||Asus Vivobook pro||3/5|| View on Amazon|
|5||Acer Predator Helios 300||3/5|| View on Amazon|
|6||Asus VivoBook M580VD||3/5|| View on Amazon|
1. Dell G5 15
- Dell G5 15 laptop uses Intel Core i7-8750H processor.
- The graphics processor used is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti .
- With 8 GB of Ram and a speed of 3.9 GHz, hackers can work in this laptop smoothly.
- The screen size is 15.6’’. there is no shortage of space with 1 TB hard disk and 256 GB SSD space.
- The weight of the laptop is 2.85 kg a little heavy for laptops.
- The life of the battery at 5 hours is not upto the mark.
- The company should have provided for longer hours.
2. Apple MacBook Pro
- The processor of this MacBook Pro from Apple is Apple M1 chip i8 Core for GPU and 16 core Neural engine.
- This chip executes the commands at faster pace than other chips.
- The memory provided is 8GB unified with 256 GB SSD.
- The keyboard is backlit.
- There are 4 USB and 2 Thunderbolt ports.
- The screen is 13’’ retina display with True Tone and with Touch bar and Touch ID.
- The battery life is of 10 hours.
- This is really a light weight laptop, weighing only 1.37 kg.
- The only drawback is memory of 8GB, but this can be overcome by upgrading to 16 GB or 32 GB.
3. Dell Inspiron 15 7000
- Dell Inspiron 15 7000 comes with 10th generation Intel Core i7-10750JH processor.
- This comes with Windows 10 Home Single preloaded.
- The graphics card used is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 T1 4GB GDDR6.
- Storage space is 1 TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.
- The screen size is 15.5”.
- This is a light weight laptop weighing only 1.87 kg.
- The slots include 1 MicroSD Card Reader, 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, 1 HDMI 2.0 and 1 Thunderbolt 3 Type – C.
- The battery life of only 6 hours is a little less than what is found normally in other laptops.
4. Asus Vivobook Pro
- A Kali Linux can configure Asus Vivobook Pro according to his needs.
- For processor, one can choose from Intel Core i3-7100U 2.4 GHZ to i7-7500U 2.7 GHz.
- For graphics, one can make choice from among different brands of Intel Graphics 620, NVIDIA GeForce.
- Screen size is 17.3’’.
- Memory can be from 2 GB SO-DIMM DDR4 to 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM.
- Similarly storage can also be customized upto 2 TB hard disk.
- Battery provided is 42WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion.
- The only drawback is its weight of 2.20 kg.
- Also the user should be very careful to choose the different combinations to get his maximum money’s worth.
Also Check for: Best Laptops for IT Professionals
5. Acer Predator Helios 300
- The Acer Predator Helios 300 uses 10th generation Intel Core i7 processor.
- For graphics, it uses NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max Q.
- The laptop has 32 GB DDR4- 2933 RAM and 2TB Raid 0 SSD for its storage.
- This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home preloaded.
- The ports include HDMI 2.0, miniDP along with the latest USB 3.2.
- The clock speed is 5.0 GHz Turbo.
6. ASUS VivoBook M580VD
- ASUS VivoBook M580VD uses the 7th generation i7 core processor.
- The presence of 16GB Ram is comparable with other laptops.
- The storage of 1TB in hard disk and 256 GB in SSD are more than enough for normal uses.
- The battery life of only 5 hours is well below than most of the laptops in the market.
Some other laptops suitable for Kali Linux are:
* Asus Chromebook Flip C100P,
* BeagleBone Black,
* HP Chromebook,
* Samsung Chromebook,
* Galaxy Note 10.1, and
The best requirements for a laptop would be CPU processor of 9th generation i9 core, RAM 32 GB (though 16 GB is good enough for normal work), Storage of 1 TB HDD + 256 SDD, Battery life 10 hours, But in conclusion, these combination will jack up the price to such a length, it will be unaffordable to individuals.